Qualification: Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Checks
This qualification is suitable for operational fire service personnel to enable them to identify and report on fire safety issues as part of their workplace activities i.e. checking fire safety measures are in place, identifying and escalating any fire safety issues appropriately.
The qualification is aimed at individuals whose responsibilities include:
- Understanding requirements for carrying out fire safety checks.
- Understanding hazards and risks associated with the impact of fire.
- Understanding risk assessment and control measures to mitigate risks from fire.
- Preparing for visits to premises to carry out fire safety checks.
- Carrying out fire safety checks.
- Reporting fire hazards and risks following fire safety checks.
This qualification has two mandatory units:
- Understand requirements for carrying out fire safety checks.
- Carry out fire safety checks.
This qualification creates the opportunity for progression toLevel 3 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors)