Fire Engineering Design:
Fire Engineering Design: 3
Fire Engineering Design: 3
Access Xact’s high quality training safely and securely from your own home or preferred location. Fully engage and converse with our expert tutors and the rest of the class face-to-face in real-time in a polished, professional learning setting.
Our iVC is in a class of its own, offering a route to top-notch courses and recognised qualifications while saving on time, travel and accommodation costs. Follow link for iVC details
This course is part of a series of three courses suitable for those who assess and design fire engineered buildings e.g:
- Regulators – fire services, local building control officers and approved inspectors
- Assessors – fire risk assessors and fire safety professionals
- Designers – designers and architects of new and extend existing buildings
The series of courses provides learners with the knowledge and understanding through in-depth study and research of auditing Fire Engineering designs. It builds on previous experience in applying fire safety guidance such as Approved Document B and BS 9999.
Third of three courses to enable delegates to design fire engineering solutions or assess fire engineering design submissions.
- Unit 5: Fire Engineering Design and its Impact on the Fire Resistance of Materials and Structures
- Unit 7: Pressure Differential Systems
- Unit 8: Fire Engineering Design and its Impact on the External Spread of Fire
- Unit 9: FE Design and its Impact on Access and Facilities for Fire-Fighting
- Unit 10: Principles of Fire and Evacuation Modelling
Core Topic Areas
Using case studies to assess:
- Impact of fire engineering design on internal fire spread
- Impact of fire engineering design on internal structure
- Impact of fire engineering design on external fire spread
- Impact of fire engineering design on access and facility requirements for Fire Service
- Series and parallel pressure differential systems
- Fire and evacuation models
Assessment of course work is to qualification assessment criteria.
Dates and Prices
Mon 20th Nov - Fri 24th Nov 2023
Mon 22nd Apr - Fri 26th Apr 2024
Mon 3rd Jun - Fri 7th Jun 2024
Mon 17th Jun - Fri 21st Jun 2024
Mon 8th Jul - Fri 12th Jul 2024
Mon 22nd Jul - Fri 26th Jul 2024
Mon 23rd Sep - Fri 27th Sep 2024
Mon 3rd Feb - Fri 7th Feb 2025
Mon 17th Mar - Fri 21st Mar 2025
|Delegate Cost||£970.00 + VAT|
|Location||iVC: Interactive Virtual Classroom|
Delegates must have completed FE Design 2 course
Delegates should familiarise themselves with:
- BR 135 Fire performance of external thermal insulation of walls
- BR 187 External Fire Spread
- External cladding system tests
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, whiteboard explanation, group discussion, individual tuition and plan based exercises to reinforce outcomes.
Delegates must complete workbooks within six weeks of course completion.