Specialist Fire Safety:
HTM: Healthcare Premises
HTM: Healthcare Premises
Access Xact’s high quality training safely and securely from your own home or preferred location. Fully engage and converse with our expert tutors and the rest of the class face-to-face in real-time in a polished, professional learning setting.
Our iVC is in a class of its own, offering a route to top-notch courses and recognised qualifications while saving on time, travel and accommodation costs. Follow link for iVC details
Fire safety officers, inspectors, fire engineers, building control officers, risk assessors, building managers, fire safety professionals, hospital fire safety managers and advisers.
To provide delegates with a knowledge of the Firecode series so they can apply them to design, management and use of healthcare premises.
Core Topic Areas
On course completion, delegates should have an understanding of:
- Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) series
- HTM 05.01: Managing healthcare fire safety
- HTM 05.02: Functional provisions in healthcare
- HTM 05.03: Part A General Fire Safety
- HTM 05.03: Part D Commercial enterprises
- Lessons from previous hospital case studies
- Responding to a 3-storey hospital ward extension
- Assessing suitability of a Hospital Fire Policy
- Audit planning for healthcare premises
The course focuses on:
- Firecode Guides: Functional provision in healthcare
- Application of Firecode Guides to design, fire risk assessment and auditing of healthcare premises
- Areas include geriatric, secure mental health, infectious diseases, obstetrics and gynaecology. Day surgeries, clinics, pharmacy, outpatients, radiotherapy, operating theatres, administration blocks and shops.
Assessment of course work is assessment criteria from National Occupational Standards.
Qualifications and NOS
This course include assessment criteria for National Occupational Standards FS2, FS3, FS7 and FS9 of Level 4 Certificate/Diploma qualifications in Fire Safety
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and Prices
Mon 13th Nov - Thu 16th Nov 2023
Mon 18th Mar - Thu 21st Mar 2024
Mon 15th Jul - Thu 18th Jul 2024*
Mon 11th Nov - Thu 14th Nov 2024
* option of iVC or Face-to-Face at Yarnfield Park
# Face-to-Face at Yarnfield Park (no IVC)
|Delegate Cost||£685.00 + VAT|
|Location||iVC or face to face|
This course is designed for professionals who are experienced in application of fire safety guidance such as Approved Document B and BS 9999.
There is a distance learning module for this course.
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, whiteboard explanation, group discussion, individual tuition and practical plan-based exercises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.