Fire Safety: Level 4:
Fire Safety Enforcement
Fire Safety Enforcement
For investigators who enforce: The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Fire Safety Officers, Inspectors and Fire Safety Managers.
Delegates are guided through a complete investigation from identification of a Fire Safety Order contravention to prosecution and cross-examination in court.
To enable delegates to:
- investigate contraventions of fire safety legislation
- prepare a case file
- present evidence in court
Core topic areas
- Legal powers, duties and responsibilities
- Investigation best practice
- Investigation planning
- Evidence gathering, evaluation and continuity
- Taking contemporaneous notes
- Writing and taking witness statements
- Interviewing witnesses and defendants
- Collecting and managing information and evidence
- Serving statutory enforceable documents
- Informing persons and organisations of circumstances
- Producing a case file to show offences committed
- Presenting evidence, facing cross examination in Court
Core Legislation and Guidance
- Regulatory Reform (Fire safety) Order 2005
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (Whistleblower)
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and the Codes of Practice (PACE)
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA)
- Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 (CPIA)
- CFOA Guidance documents and MG forms
- BIS Regulators’ Code
Assessment of course work is to NOS (National Occupational Standards).
Qualifications and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
- NOS FS11: Prepare and present evidence in court
- NOS FS13: Draft statutory enforceable documents
- NOS FS14: Serve statutory enforceable documents
These NOS is from qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
Note: FS13 is optional post course distance learning module
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and Prices
Mon 27th Nov - Fri 1st Dec 2023
Mon 29th Apr - Fri 3rd May 2024
Mon 24th Jun - Fri 28th Jun 2024
Mon 9th Sep - Fri 13th Sep 2024
Mon 23rd Sep - Fri 27th Sep 2024
Mon 20th Jan - Fri 24th Jan 2025
|Delegate Cost||£1180.00 + VAT|
|Location||iVC: Interactive Virtual Classroom|
Completed Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors) or equivalent.
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, whiteboard explanation, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises including role play with actors, cross examination by a lawyer in a Magistrates Court.
In groups (syndicates) of up to 4, delegates investigate a different reconstructions of FSO contraventions. Actors feature in this skills-based practice.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.