Access the high quality training Xact is renowned for safely and securely with our Interactive Virtual Classroom programme.
It features all the aspects that make our fire safety training among the best available including real-time, face-to-face contact with expert tutors.
Highly trained in our innovative new format, they facilitate – currently in pairs – interactive learning where delegates are actively engaged in the learning process from the comfort and convenience of their own preferred locations.
With iVC, Xact is helping customers save on accommodation and travelling fees while ensuring that their delegates can train from home. And it is family friendly too - welcomed by those who wish to remain at home while training so they can continue to care for children and vulnerable relatives.
Customers who have experienced iVC training courses and our hugely-popular demonstration sessions have been impressed with the polished, professional presentation of sessions and how easy it is to:
- View and interact with expert tutors and other delegates
- Ask questions, discuss and share ideas
- Work in syndicates
- Enjoy enhanced learning via video, PowerPoint, virtual reality exercises
We thank them for their support and encouragement.
The future is iVC
The coronavirus outbreak led to the development of our new iVC format as it soon became clear an even more flexible, customer-friendly service was required. One that respected and complied with any Government-imposed restrictions. We believe we have achieved this and we are delighted to offer the following:
iVC Course programme
BS 9251: Residential sprinkler installation
BS 9251: Residential sprinkler design
BS 9251: Assessing Residential Sprinkler Systems
BS EN 12845 Commercial systems: Hazard Review
Canute FHC Design software
Level 3 Introductory Certificate Courses
Fire Safety Checks: Theory course
Fire Safety Checks: Practical course
Level 3 Certificate Courses
Principles of Fire Safety
Auditing Simple Buildings
Planning and Gathering Evidence
Level 4 Certificate Courses
Principles of Fire Safety
Auditing Complex Premises
Regulated and Licensed Venues
Draft Enforceable Documents (DL)
DL: Distance Learning
Our distance learning courses and modules continue to be available e.g. Draft Enforceable Documents (L4D).
Level 5 Diploma: Fire Engineering Design
Fire Engineering Design 1
Fire Engineering Design 2
Fire Engineering Design 3
Fire Engineering Design 4 (DL)
CPD via Interactive Virtual Classroom
Full programme of CPD events available via iVC.
iVC – course updates
Our development team is currently developing the Level 4 Diploma: Serving a Notice and Fire Safety Enforcement using iVC in September 2020.
You need the following to participate in Interactive Virtual Classrooms:
- Laptop: Integral web camera, microphone, speakers or equivalent
- Internet connection
- Ability to receive course notes by post directly to home address or posted to work address from where notes can be sent to your home address
Restrictions to using iVC software:
- Poor broadband connection
- VPN connections restrict video and audio. It is likely that the software will not function unless VPN is disabled.
- Some company systems are locked down preventing access. Either request that your IT department lifts the restriction on your device to access the software or that you use an alternative unrestricted device
For more details see Guidance Note
iVC software security
Download details about the security measures imbedded in our iVC software.
Xact Administration – what to expect
The Xact team remains here for you as we always have for the following:
- Telephone calls
- Website enquiries and bookings
- Assessment and Internal Verification
- Web-site, XLE and online services
- Delivery of CPD and qualification certificates
Want to post to Xact? Please call 01386 277980 or email for advice on where to send mail
Submission deadlines - Submitting plans
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, there are temporarily more flexible options to submitting plans: More flexible options
For details see webpage
Coronavirus: Your safety
Please ensure you follow NHS and Government guidance at all times.
Also see Xact Health advice