Level 5 Diploma: Fire Engineering Design
This qualification is suitable for those who assess and design fire engineered buildings e.g:
- Regulators – fire services, local building control officers and approved inspectors
- Assessors – fire risk assessors and fire safety professionals
- Designers – designers and architects of new buildings and alterations to existing
Three courses form this qualification, these are:
- Fire Engineering Design 1course
- Fire Engineering Design 2course
- Fire Engineering Design 3course
- Principles of Fire Development and Spread distance learning
Educational development and study
These courses and qualification enable attendees to develop an understanding of fire engineering design. It is a natural progression from achieving qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors) or an equivalent qualification or experience.
To complete this qualification you are committing to a programme of study of 230 GLH (Guided Learning Hours) which consists of a wide variety of activities:
- Attending courses
- Self-study and research:
- Reading course reference material
- Viewing online videos
- Application of learning and writing assignments
The programme consists of 100 hours attending courses with the remainder being from self-study, research, application of learning and written assignments.
Delegates must have an in-depth working knowledge of fire safety guidance documents such as Approved Document B (Volume 2) and BS 9999 fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
BS 9251 Design, install and maintain residential and domestic systems.
HTM: Healthcare premisesDetails
Suitable for those who assess fire safety in hospitals using HTM Firecodes.
Careers with XactVacancies
Please follow Vacancies link to view employment opportunities with Xact.