Enhancing competence of fire safety professionals
Level 5 Diploma: Fire Engineering Design
This qualification is suitable for those who assess and design fire engineered buildings e.g:
- Regulators – fire services, local building control officers and approved inspectors
- Assessors – fire risk assessors and fire safety professionals
- Designers – designers and architects of new buildings and alterations to existing
Three courses form this qualification, these are:
- Fire Engineering Design 1course
- Fire Engineering Design 2course
- Fire Engineering Design 3course
- Principles of Fire Development and Spread distance learning
Access Xact’s high quality training safely and securely from your own home or preferred location. Fully engage and converse with our expert tutors and the rest of the class face-to-face in real-time in a polished, professional learning setting.
Our iVC is in a class of its own, offering a route to top-notch courses and recognised qualifications while saving on time, travel and accommodation costs. Follow link for iVC details
Educational development and study
These courses and qualification enable attendees to develop an understanding of fire engineering design. It is a natural progression from achieving qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors) or an equivalent qualification or experience.
To complete this qualification you are committing to a programme of study of 230 GLH (Guided Learning Hours) which consists of a wide variety of activities:
- Attending courses
- Self-study and research:
- Reading course reference material
- Viewing online videos
- Application of learning and writing assignments
The programme consists of 100 hours attending courses with the remainder being from self-study, research, application of learning and written assignments.
Delegates must have an in-depth working knowledge of fire safety guidance documents such as Approved Document B (Volume 2) and BS 9999 fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.