Vacancies: Fire Safety Assessors/Markers
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a confident, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a keen eye for detail. You will be part of our expert team, providing fire safety courses and qualifications.
Xact is a leading provider of Level 2, 3, 4 and 5 fire safety courses and qualifications with our core customers being from the Fire Service, Building Control, Fire Risk Assessors, Fire Safety Manager and Sprinkler Sector.
A recognised Assessment Centre, Xact has pioneered an approach to helping delegates become competent and gain qualifications that meet National Standards via courses and workplace activities and through Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Assess/mark evidence from courses and workplace activities to appropriate standards.
- Provide constructive feedback to individuals.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager, Internal Verifiers, Assessment Centre and other assessors in development of course and workplace assessments.
- Operate in accordance with policies and procedures of Assessment Centre and Awarding Bodies.
- Attend standardisation activities
- Maintain a current CPD record
- An assessing qualification or working towards
- Practical experience in fire safety sector
- Competence and experience relevant to assessing areas e.g. use of DCLG FRA guides, ADB or BS 9999 etc
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Team oriented and flexible approach
- Professional attitude
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office products.
Ideally but not essential, applicants will have experience in mentoring and assessing.
In return, we offer
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible hours and work arrangements
- Laptop and IT support
- Working with a dynamic team
- Working in a reputable and innovative company
- Potential career progression and development opportunities
- Continued professional development
- Occupational health and pension scheme for employees
- Job satisfaction, variety and chance to develop your expertise
Engagement: Part-time (2/3 days) and full-time employment and contractor opportunities.
Salary: £25,000 – £32,000 (pro-rata) dependent upon qualifications and experience
Hours per week: Negotiable, part and full time opportunities exist.
Location: Working from home
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and a brief cover letter stating why you would like this role and how you meet its specification.