About Xact Training
We offer high quality training delivered flexibly to meet customer requirements in the fire safety sector.
Xact trains personnel from over 50 fire brigades throughout the British Isles and Eire, delivering hundreds of courses each year. We are also proud to work with building control professionals. See Courses below for more about our customer base.
We have developed specialist programmes in investigation, enforcement and prosecution; fire engineering including a Level 5 Fire Engineering Technicians course; schools; healthcare premises and historical buildings.
An Associate Member of the Chief Fire Officers’ Association, Xact leads the way in offering national fire safety qualifications by Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), a system it pioneered to assist delegates to achieve qualifications via evidence-gathering from previous experience and learning.
Our ability to tailor courses, which are conducted in-house or at our Midlands-based training facility, to precise customer requirements accounts for our popularity. Listening and responding to customer feedback is an essential part of the service.
Aimed at those involved in fire safety and enforcement:
- Regulators – fire services, local building control officers and approved inspectors
- Assessors – fire risk assessors and fire safety professionals
- Designers – designers and architects of new and extend existing buildings and venues
- Responsible for fire safety – managers, employees, owners and occupiers
- Chief Fire Officers’ Association: CFOA
- Awarding Body: Industry Qualifications
- Awarding Body: Institution of Fire Engineers
- Residential Sprinkler Association: RSA
- Sprinkler Third Party Certification Scheme: FIRAS
- Canute FHC – Sprinkler design software: Canute
- Yarnfield Conference Centre: Yarnfield Park
- CPVC Fire Sprinkler Systems: IPS
Xact provides Level 3, 4 and 5 qualifications via national awarding bodies. Follow link for more details about: Qualifications
National Occupational Standards (NOS)
Courses are designed to requirements of National Occupational Standards: NOS
Continual Professional Development
All delegates receive CPD certificates on course completion. All courses are designed and assessed to approved centre standards which are, in turn, regulated by national awarding bodies and OFQUAL.