Fire safety officers, auditors and inspectors.
This course is designed to enable delegates to manage contraventions of the Fire Safety Order during an audit.
For those who undertake the full investigation, see Fire Safety Enforcement
To enable delegates to plan and gather evidence for purposes of fire safety regulation.
Core topic areas
- Identifying offences
- Taking contemporaneous notes
- Questioning to obtain information
- Writing and taking witness statements
- Managing information and evidence
- Informing relevant persons and organisations of circumstances
- Producing simple reports to show an offence has been committed
Core reference documents
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
- CFOA: Enforcers’ Guidance
- BIS: Regulators’ Code
Assessment is conducted upon all course work to National Occupational Standards.
Qualification and NOS
This course includes assessment criteria for NOS:
This NOS are from qualification Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors): details
Dates and prices
|2017||Mon 22nd May|
Mon 20th Nov
|2018||Mon 21st May|
Wed 3rd Oct
Mon 10th Dec
|Delegate cost||£170 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Auditing simple premises or equivalent.
Pre course module
Course include pre-course distance learning module on principles of gathering evidence.
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises
Practical exercise include interviewing a witness and making witness statements.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.