Fire Safety at Sports Grounds
Regulators, Fire safety officers, building control officers, fire engineers, risk assessors, building managers, fire safety professionals and advisers.
To enable delegates to review safety measures at sports grounds.
Core topic areas
- Legislation and working with enforcement agencies
- Crowd behaviour, safety and control
- Sports Grounds
- Disability access
- Sporting events
- Music events at sports grounds
Core reference documents
- HSG 154: Managing crowds safely
- HSG 195: The event safety guide (Purple Guide)
- Guide to safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide)
- Accessible Atria
- BS 9999 Annex D: Theatres, Cinemas and Similar Venues
- CLG: Fire Safety RA Guides, Open Air Events and Venues
Assessment of course work is to NOS (National Occupational Standards).
Qualification and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria from NOS:
This NOS are from qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors): details
- Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 8th Jan → Fri 12th Jan|
|Delegate cost||£750 +VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
- Experience in applying general fire safety concepts e.g. fire alarms, emergency lighting, means of escape etc.
- Experience of observing a fire risk assessor/auditor assessing fire safety at sports grounds
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.