Fire Risk Assessing Simple Buildings
Fire risk assessors
To enable delegates to:
- Confirm measures are in place to protect people from fire in simple buildings
- Visit simple premises for purpose of fire safety regulation
Core course topics
- Identifying occupancy and risk
- Principles of horizontal and vertical means of escape
- Means of escape in:
- Offices and shops
- Factories and warehouses
- Residential care premises
- Fire risk assessment and audit planning
- Fire risk assessment or audit of a simple premises
Core reference documents
- CLG: Fire Safety Risk Assessment Guides
- Approved Document B
- CFOA Fire Safety Guidance Notes and Audit Form
- BIS: Regulators’ Code, CFOA: Enforcers’ Guidance
Assessment of course work to National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Qualification and NOS
This course includes assessment criteria for NOS:
These NOS are from qualification Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors): details
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2017||Mon 11th Sep → Fri 15th Sep|
|Delegate cost||£790 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Delegates must have completed: Principles of fire safety course
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition, film and practical exercises.
Course includes a risk assessment of a simple premises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.