FRA: Regulated and Licensed Venues
Fire risk assessors.
To enable delegates to review safety measures at locations that are regulated or licensed.
Core topic areas
- Legislation and working with other enforcement agencies
- Crowd behaviour, safety and control
- Assembly buildings
- Performance venues
- Theatres and cinemas
- Night clubs and casinos
- Firework displays
- Outdoor events
- Pop concerts
- Sports Grounds
Core reference documents
- CLG: Fire Safety RA Guides, Large Places of Assembly
- CLG: Fire Safety RA Guides, Theatres, Cinemas and Similar Places
- BS 9999 Annex D: Theatres, Cinemas and Similar Venues
- CLG: Fire Safety RA Guides, Open Air Events and Venues
- HSG 123: Working together on firework displays
- HSG 154: Managing crowds safely
- HSG 195: The event safety guide (Purple Guide)
- Guide to safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide)
Assessment of course work is to NOS (National Occupational Standards).
Qualification and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
These NOS are from qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors): details
- Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 4th Jun → Fri 8th Jun|
Mon 17th Sep → Fri 21st Sep
Mon 10th Dec → Fri 14th Dec
|Delegate cost||£780 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Delegates must have completed: Assessing complex premises course
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.