FRA: Principles of Fire Safety
Fire risk assessors.
To enable delegates to identify, assess and report hazards and risks associated with fire in simple premises.
Core topic areas
- Fire safety legislation
- Human behaviour in fire
- Causes and effects of fire
- Fire risk assessment and auditing
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Emergency escape lighting
- Fire safety signs, notices and routines
- Extinguishing media
- Fire safety management
Core reference documents
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- CFOA: Enforcers’ Guidance
- BIS: Regulators’ Code
- HSE: Enforcement Management Model (EMM)
- DCLG: Fire safety risk assessment guides
- BS 5839, BS 5266, BS 5499, BS 5306, BS 9999
Assessment of all course work is to relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Qualification and NOS
This course includes assessment criteria from National Occupational Standards (NOS):
These NOS are part of qualification: Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors). For more information on qualifications.
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 22nd Jan → Fri 26th Jan|
Mon 21st May → Fri 25th May
Mon 10th Sep → Fri 14th Sep
|Delegate cost||£790 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Before the course, delegates should have:
- ability to recognise typical fire safety measures in buildings e.g. smoke detectors, extinguishers, exit signs.
- an understanding of a fire risk assessor’s/auditor’s role.
- experience of observing a fire risk assessor/auditor assessing a building’s fire safety measures.
Course includes pre-course distance learning modules on principles: fire Safety legislation, automatic fire alarm systems and emergency escape lighting
Sessions will be delivered using power point, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.