Fire Engineering Design: 3
This course is part of a series of three courses suitable for those who assess and design fire engineered buildings e.g:
- Regulators – fire services, local building control officers and approved inspectors
- Assessors – fire risk assessors and fire safety professionals
- Designers – designers and architects of new and extend existing buildings
The series of courses provides learners with the knowledge and understanding through in-depth study and research of auditing Fire Engineering designs. It builds on previous experience in applying fire safety guidance such as Approved Document B and BS 9999.
Third of three courses to enable delegates to design fire engineering solutions or assess fire engineering design submissions.
- Unit 5: Fire Engineering Design and its Impact on the Fire Resistance of Materials and Structures
- Unit 7: Pressure Differential Systems
- Unit 8: Fire Engineering Design and its Impact on the External Spread of Fire
- Unit 9: FE Design and its Impact on Access and Facilities for Fire-Fighting
- Unit 10: Principles of Fire and Evacuation Modelling
Using case studies to assess:
- Impact of fire engineering design on internal fire spread
- Impact of fire engineering design on internal structure
- Impact of fire engineering design on external fire spread
- Impact of fire engineering design on access and facility requirements for Fire Service
- Series and parallel pressure differential systems
- Fire and evacuation models
Delegates must have completed FE Design 2 course
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 4th Jun → Fri 8th Jun|
Mon 12th Nov → Fri 16th Nov
|Delegate cost||£890 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
This course includes a distance learning module on:
Unit 8: Fire Engineering Design and its Impact on the External Spread of Fire
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, flipchart explanation, group discussion, individual tuition and plan based exercises to reinforce outcomes.
Delegates must complete workbooks within six weeks of course completion.
Assessment of course work is to qualification assessment criteria.
This course is part of qualification: Level 5 Diploma: Fire Engineering Design
This course and courses below enable delegates to achieve above qualification:
For more details about the qualification