Community Fire Safety
Fire risk assessors, fire safety officers and auditors.
To enable delegates to develop their knowledge and skills to work in partnership to minimise risks to the community.
Core topic areas
- Home risk visits
- Community safety planning and partnership working
- Community education
- Information collection, analysis and use of toolkits
- Implementing community safety initiatives and evaluation
- Communication and working with the media
- Arson reduction and working with offenders
- Education programmes and working with young and older people
- Access funding
- Community safety project in the workplace
Core reference documents
- Delivering safer communities – guidance for crime and disorder reduction partnerships and community safety partnerships
- Working in partnership
- Internet based Community safety toolkits
Assessment of course work is to NOS (National Occupational Standards).
Qualification and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
This NOS is from qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
Dates and prices
|Dates on request|
|Delegate cost||£280 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Before the course, delegates are required to have the ability to recognise typical community fire safety issues.
Pre course module
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
Post course community safety project.
Delegates must complete workbooks within 4 weeks of course completion.