BS 9251: Sprinkler Installation
Plumbing professionals, sprinkler engineers and installers, professionals responsible for inspecting and testing sprinkler systems.
To enable delegates to install, commission and maintain residential and domestic sprinkler systems.
Core topic areas
- Legislation, codes of practice and guidance documents
- Identifying occupancy category and requirements
- Principles of sprinkler system designs
- Requirements of installing systems:
- Water supplies; towns mains, tanks and pumps
- Sprinkler head types, suitability and positioning
- Pipework and valve configuration
- Frost protection options
- Alarm and warning requirements and configuration
- System commissioning and maintenance requirements
- Certification and documentation
Delegates will be assessed on their ability to install, commission and maintain a residential and domestic sprinkler systems.
- British Standard 9251 (worth £216)
- CPVC sprinkler pipe practical & skills card assessment
- Course manual and exercises
- Meals and refreshments
- 21 hours Continual Professional Development
Delegates will be issued with a copy of British Standard 9251 to keep.
As part of the course package delegate are provided with a copy of BS 9251 (normal cost £216).
Purchase copies of BS 9251: 2014
Dates and Prices
|2017||Mon 30th Jan → Wed 1st Feb|
Mon 27th Mar → Wed 29th Mar
|Delegate Cost||£695 +VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Third party accreditation schemes
This course is designed to assist delegates in applying to be registered for following third party accreditation schemes:
Delegates should have:
- Understanding of building construction
- Understanding of water regulations
- Skills in installing valve and pipework
- Experience in health and safety on construction sites
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, flipchart explanation, group discussion, individual tuition, practical and plan based exercises.
Delegates complete workbooks during the course.
Delegates receive Continual Professional Development (CPD) certificates on course completion. Courses are designed and assessed to approved centre standards which are, in turn, regulated by national awarding bodies and OFQUAL.