BS 9251: Sprinkler System Design
Sprinkler design engineers and installers, plumbing professionals, building control officers, approved inspectors, The Fire Service and fire safety professionals.
To enable delegates to design residential and domestic sprinkler systems and check design submissions.
On completion, delegates should have an understanding of:
- Legislation, codes of practice and guidance documents
- Identifying occupancy category and requirements
- Vulnerable persons and compensatory features
- Special circumstances and fire strategies
- Sprinkler head suitability, positioning & design densities
- Water supplies, towns mains, tanks and pumps
- Pipework and valve configuration
- Designing sprinkler systems:
- Loss calculations; K factor, Hazen Williams
- Calculating most hydraulically unfavourable area
- Selecting water supply
- Calculating most hydraulically favourable area
- Pump curves and tank calculations
- Frost protection options
- Alarm requirements and configuration
- Certification and documentation
Delegates design a sprinkler system to BS 9251.
Continual Professional Development
All delegates receive CPD certificates on course completion. All courses are designed and assessed to approved centre standards which are, in turn, regulated by National Awarding Bodies and OFQUAL.
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 29th Jan → Wed 31st Jan|
Mon 19th Mar → Wed 21st Mar
Mon 18th Jun → Wed 20th Jun
Mon 26th Nov → Wed 28th Nov
|Delegate cost||£695 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Third party accreditation schemes
This course is designed to assist delegates in applying to be registered for following third party accreditation schemes:
Prior to attending this course, delegates must have:
- Attended Xact installation course, or
- Attended an equivalent course, or
- Previous experience installing sprinkler systems
Course may include a pre-course distance learning module, dependant on previous experience.
Sessions will be delivered using power point, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
Delegates complete workbooks during the course.