BS 9999: 2017 + Annexes
Fire safety in commercial buildings
Design Engineers, Building Managers, Fire Safety Professionals, Building Control Officers and Fire Safety Officers.
To provide delegates with an understanding of BS 9999, a risk-based approach to fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings.
Core topic areas
Part 1: To enable delegates to understand:
- Relationship with other standards
- ASET – time based analysis
- Risk profiling
- Minimum fire protection measures
- Variation of risk profile
- Additional measures and their limits – sprinklers, AFD, ceiling height
- Levels of management
- Progressive levels of horizontal evacuation
- Staircase options
- Ventilation factors effecting levels of fire resistance
- Functional design freedoms
- Options for a flexible design approach
Part 2: To enable delegates to apply the standard to:
- Annex D: Theatres, cinemas and similar venues
- Annexes B + C: Atria
- Annex E: Shopping complexes
Delegates apply the standard using a number of exercises so they can design a building, assess a building design and offer advice.
NOS: National Occupational Standards
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
For more details of: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2017||Mon 22nd May → Fri 26th May|
Mon 4th Dec → Fri 8th Dec
|2018||Mon 11th Jun → Fri 15th Jun|
Mon 3rd Dec → Fri 7th Dec
|Delegate cost||£790 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Course work is assessed to National Occupational Standards criteria.
This course is designed for professionals who are have experience in application of fire safety guidance such as Approved Document B.
As part of the course package delegates are provided with a copy of BS 9999: 2017 for use on the course.
Purchase copies of BS 9999: 2017
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, flipchart explanation, group discussion, individual tuition and plan based exercises to reinforce outcomes.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.