BS 9251: Checking Sprinkler Designs: Residential and domestic systems
Building control officers, approved inspectors, the Fire Service and fire safety professionals.
To enable delegates to check design submissions for residential and domestic sprinkler systems.
Core topic areas
On completion, delegates should have an understanding of:
- Legislation and codes of practice
- Category of system
- Discharge densities, number of design heads and supply duration
- Sprinkler head requirements
- Head coverage and positioning
- Pipework and valve arrangements
- Water supply options and requirements
- System design requirements
Delegates will also learn to assess suitability of:
- Compensatory features
- Special circumstances
- Vulnerable persons.
- Delegate manual
- Design submission exercise
Continual Professional Development
All delegates receive CPD certificates on course completion. All courses are designed and assessed to approved centre standards which are, in turn, regulated by national awarding bodies and OFQUAL.
Dates and prices
|Dates on request|
|Delegate cost||£150 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, flipchart explanation, group discussion, individual tuition, practical and plan based exercises to reinforce outcomes.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.